Azaleas. Magnolias. Dogwoods. Wisteria.
Fresher air. Greener grass. Warmer weather.
Blooming flowers and the beautiful outdoors are definitely sure signs of Spring. But for me though? Those things mean golf.
This week marks the beginning of golf’s most prestigious major championship, and we’re sure to see plenty of azaleas and magnolias in full bloom this weekend in Augusta, Georgia. This tournament is when the best of the best, professionals and select amateurs, are on full showcase alongside Spring’s most beautiful backdrop.
When Sunday rolls around, and you’re finishing up your Spring cleaning, pop on some golf. Enthusiast or not, you will not be disappointed.
And if you need to quench your thirst this weekend? A half iced tea and lemonade is one of the only beverages that celebrates golf and Spring. Taking a few tips from one of our Brew Over Ice or Beverage Bar Bash blogs, you can easily master making a refreshing drink that turns your Tee Time into Tea Time.
- The day/night before brew up some Green Mountain Naturals® Lemonade K-Cup® pods
- Cut up a lemon, making thin slices (I cut mine into quarters)
- Place 1-2 lemon slices in a standard ice cube tray
- Pour the cooled lemonade into the ice cube trays, and freeze
- Grab your favorite unsweetened tea (I suggest Celestial Seasonings® English Breakfast Tea)
- In a 16oz. plastic cup (or tumbler), fill it up with your now frozen lemonade ice cubes
- On the 6oz. setting, brew in the tea
- Stir with a spoon or swizzle stick, and a mint leaf to make sure its camera ready
Whether you call it an “Arnold Palmer”, “Half and Half”, or “iced tea with lemon cubes”, I’m sure you can agree that this is one tasty Springtime golf tradition.