Tangy. Sweet. Refreshing. Our resident foodie, Elizabeth, concocted this Strawberry Basil Lemonade Granita to serve when Brew Over Ice headed off to BlogHer in Chicago, but she really thought it would work well for Labor Day celebrations. So here we are, with your last minute Labor Day dessert! With just a brewer, four ingredients, and a freezer you’ll have a thoroughly refreshing treat before you can say, “Choose. Brew. Enjoy.®”
While testing this recipe, we sat around a table, spoons in hand, digging into various iterations to find the perfect combination of Green Mountain Naturals® Lemonade, fruit, herbs, and water to make our mouths water. Again and again, we kept coming back to the version below, loving the tartness of the lemonade combined with the classic pairing of basil and strawberries. I have to say: it was a little embarrassing trying to sneak spoonful after spoonful of this light and fluffy semi-frozen delight. But even embarrassment can’t keep me away when something’s just this good.
Strawberry Basil Lemonade Granita
- 1 Green Mountain Naturals® Lemonade K-Cup® pack
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil, roughly torn
- 3/4 cup strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Place basil in a heat-proof mug or measuring cup.
- Brew Green Mountain Naturals® Lemonade K-Cup® pack on the 6oz. setting over the basil into the measuring cup, and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain warm lemonade into a separate bowl and mix with cold water and strawberry puree.
- Pour into shallow dish and freeze five hours or overnight (until hard).
- When ready to serve, scrape/shave with an ice cream scoop and dish into serving bowls.