By Briana Keene
Our friend Carla from Chocolate Moosey is back and giving us inspiration for a hot coffee-date at home this Valentine’s Day with her S’Mores Hot Mocha recipe. with melted chocolate and toasted marshmallow. Who says you need to go out into this wintry weather to celebrate?! Carla has the right idea to stay-in and even enjoy this delicious treat for a date for one!
She uses her Keurig® K55 brewer and brewed a Green Mountain Coffee® Toasted Marshmallow Mocha K-Cup® pod, although you can really use any of your favorite K-Cup® pods. Carla also personally likes Green Mountain Coffee® Wicked Winter® Blend as well, because it’s nice and bold.
S’mores Hot Mocha
Yields 1 drink
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 toasted marshmallows + more for garnish (If you wanted to toast the marshmallows on top, you could stick a tray of marshmallows underneath your broiler – or use a kitchen blowtorch – and then transfer to your coffee, just be careful!)
- 1 Green Mountain Coffee® Toasted Marshmallow Mocha K-Cup® pod
- Melted chocolate and graham cracker crumbs, for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk, chocolate, and sugar until the chocolate has melted. Whisk in the marshmallows until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and transfer to the bottom of a coffee mug.
- Brew 6-8 ounces of coffee into the mug and stir until combined with the chocolate mixture. Top with toasted marshmallows, drizzled chocolate, and graham cracker crumbs.
Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!