By Briana Keene
Our friends at spoonforkbacon giving us major breakfast goals! Jenny and Teri have created a delicious and satisfying Savory Breakfast Grain Bowl to start off your morning. They have paired this savory bowl with our Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee to make this breakfast spread complete.
They also discuss with us how they love their K475 Keurig® brewer in Sandy Pearl because, whether in the studio or at home, it’s ‘simply the best way to provide coffee for everyone, when everyone likes different things.’ They also put their coffee maker to the test during those warm summer L.A. days and brew our coffees and teas, over ice!
One of their favorite morning coffees using their Keurig® brewer is, of course, our Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee. They both enjoy the bright flavor which is a great way to kick off your morning! Their little trick? Add a little cinnamon to half and half for your coffee. Mmmmm. Sounds delish!
Right now, Jenny and Teri are loving grain bowls these days and decided to whip one up to create it into a breakfast bowl. The most exciting part about these bowls? You can make them completely your own by adding different ingredients that you love. Their latest addiction? Avocado and pea addition 🙂
Savory Breakfast Grain Bowl
4 large eggs
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup cooked pearled barley
1 heaping cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1/2 cup steamed peas
4 (1 ounce) wedges feta
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
4 teaspoons hemp hearts
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a small pot of water over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
2. Gently place each egg into the pot of boiling water and continue to boil for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove eggs from heat and submerge in ice water to stop the eggs from cooking.
3. Once eggs come to room temperature, peel each egg and slice each egg in half, lengthwise.
4. To assemble: Place quinoa and barley into a mixing bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper. Toss together.
5. Divide the grain mixture into individual bowls and top each with cherry tomatoes, a few slices of avocado, peas, a wedge of feta, and two hardboiled egg halves.
6. Sprinkle each bowl with 1/2 tablespoon minced cilantro and 1 teaspoon of hemp hearts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.