By Briana Keene
October 21 is officially Pumpkin Cheesecake Day! Yes, a day set aside just to celebrate the creamy, ‘pumpkiny’, deliciousness that we all know and love as pumpkin cheesecake. Basically, pumpkin pie and a cheesecake created a love child so divine and exquisite we knew we had to share a recipe with you all.
So here you go:
1 1/4 cups graham-cracker crumbs (from 10 whole crackers)
1/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 packages (8 ounces each) bar cream cheese, very soft
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons pumpkin-pie spice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. Assemble a 9-inch nonstick spring-form pan.
- Make the crust: In a medium bowl, mix cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter until moistened; press firmly into bottom of pan. Bake until golden around edges.
- Make the filling: In a standing mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar on low speed until smooth; mix in flour gently. Add pumpkin puree, pie spice, vanilla, and salt. Whip until smooth. Add eggs one at a time.
- Place spring-form pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Pour filling into spring-form, and gently smooth top. Transfer to oven; reduce oven heat to 300 degrees. Bake 45 minutes. Turn off oven; let cheesecake stay in oven 2 hours more (without opening).
- Remove from oven; cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours. Remove from pan before serving.
modified from marthastewart.com
And now we can dig right now 🙂