By Briana Keene
Prepare to wow your guests with this rich and creamy bread pudding!
- 5 large whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peppermint hot cocoa mix ( You can also try our Swiss Miss® Peppermint Hot Cocoa K-Cup® pods!)
- 1/4 cup brewed Green Mountain Coffee® Holiday Blend, cooled
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 18 ounces stale challah bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- Place the eggs in a blender and blend on the lowest speed for 30 seconds. Slowly add the sugar and then add the hot chocolate mix and blend until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Add the coffee, milk, and vanilla and blend until well combined.
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch dish and place 1/2 of the cubed bread in the pan. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the mini marshmallows on top. Add the rest of the bread and pack tightly. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and another 1/4 cup marshmallows.
- Slowly pour in the custard. Press down on the mixture with a spatula or the back of a spoon to thoroughly saturate. Cover and set aside at room temperature for 2 hours, or refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes or until the bread cubes are crisp and browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle is firm.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top with the remaining mini marshmallows.
- Switch your oven settings to broil and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows are toasted to your liking. Watch it closely, the broiler will burn the marshmallows easily.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.