It’s National Craft Month and we are super excited because our K-Cup® pods can be used for purposes beyond simply brewing a delicious Keurig Brewed® beverage. We’re filling our March with plenty of craft activities to add creativity and fun to our month and we want you to join in on the fun!
If you’re feeling ambitious and want to get real crafty, here’s how you can make yourself a K-Cup® Pod Rocket.
- A K-Cup® Pod – there are over 400 varieties to choose from!
- Colored Markers
- Colored Card Stock
- Brew your K-Cup® pod in your Keurig® Brewer.
- Clean the K-Cup® pod by removing the lid and the coffee inside.
- Use colored markers to decorate the K-Cup® pod.
- To make the nose of the rocket, use your scissors to cut out a circle from the colored card stock.
- Using a ruler and a marker, draw a straight line from the outside of the circle to the center and cut it using your scissors.
- Bend the circle to form a cone and secure it using tape.
- Apply glue to the rim of the K-Cup® pod and place the cone on top of it.
- To make the fins of the rocket, cut three triangles from the colored card stock.
- Form a flap on one side of each triangle and apply glue to it.
- Stick the triangles on the lower end of the K-Cup® pod at equal distance from one another.
If you’re looking for something that your kids will enjoy, you can make yourself a K-Cup® Pod String Phone!
Simply brew two K-Cup® Pods and connect them using a long piece of string. Your K-Cup® pod will already have a hole at the bottom thanks to your Keurig® Brewer! Simply insert the string through the hole from the bottom of the K-Cup® pod and tie a knot on the inside of the K-Cup® pod. Attach a paper clip to the string to make sure it doesn’t fall out and you’re all set!
If you prefer keeping things simple yet artistic, use the K-Cup® pod surface as canvases to express the artist in you.
Decorate the K-Cup® pods and then use them to store anything from hair clips, to craft supplies, to loose stationary items like thumbtacks and paper clips! This way, you’ve added some creativity to your day and organized your things at the same time!
Happy National Craft Month!