By Briana Keene
According to Aubrey from Real Housemoms, Mocha Crumb Muffins are ‘the best start to any day!’ We’d have to agree with you, Aubrey, after taking a tasty look at your breakfast treats!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 ounces Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in you muffin tin cups.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the vegetable oil and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and mix to combine.
- Using your Keurig® brewer, brew a 4-ounce cup of Green Mountain Coffee® Breakfast Blend Coffee from one K-Cup® pod. Add milk to the coffee. Pour into the mixing bowl and mix to combine. (Adding the milk to the coffee helps cool it down so the eggs don’t get scrambled.)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in two additions, mixing until just combined after each addition. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl as needed.
- Fill the muffin tin cups 2/3 of the way full with muffin batter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a fork to mix together the flour, brown sugar, and salt. If there are lumps in your brown sugar make sure to break them up.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix with a fork until all the ingredients are moist and start to form crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the muffin batter. There should be a good layer of crumbs in each cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the muffins are set & the crumbs are golden, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool in the pan until cool enough to touch. Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve with a hot cup of coffee!
Thanks for sharing, Aubrey, and we hope you all try her recipe!