Our buddy Matt Robinson from REAL FOOD by dad has created a wonderful Lemon Poppy-seed Scone Recipe for us which he enjoyed with his family this past Father’s Day. This is a perfect recipe for Sunday brunch, paired with any of your favorite Keurig® brewed beverages, using your Keurig® brewer.
But first, a little background about Matt.. Three years, Matt was forever changed as he entered fatherhood. Along with fatherhood came a need for coffee. And now, not a day goes by when he’s not making a convenient and delicious cup of coffee, brewed from his Keurig® K250 brewer. Today, Matt is sporting one of our newer coffee maker colors, in modern and sleek Plum Gray.
From Tully’s® Italian Roast Extra Bold Coffee to hot cocoa for Matt’s boys, his Keurig® brewer makes it easy for everyone to enjoy their favorite cup, at just the touch of a button, brewing a perfect cup each time. One of Matt’s favorite beverages is Green Mountain Coffee® because of its ‘high quality, responsibly sourced and always freshly roasted” qualities.
Along with a variety of beverages for everyone in the house to love, we also have a great variety of brewer colors to fit each person’s kitchen design!
And now, time to make some scones!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1 tablespoon size pieces
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles very coarse meal. Pour in heavy cream, then add ¼ cup lemon juice, stirring just until dough forms.
- Gather the dough together with your hands gently form an 8-inch disk and cut into 8 wedges. Alternately, evenly divide the dough into eights and form balls. Transfer dough to a parchment-lined baking sheet and and place scones 1 inch apart. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer scones to a wire rack and let cool, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl, mix powdered sugar with remaining lemon juice and stir until smooth. Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over cooled scones.
- Enjoy with a cup of fresh brewed Tully’s® Italian Roast Extra Bold Coffee
- ***Recipe adapted from Country Living.***
Matt, we’re glad we were able to make fatherhood a little easier for you!