By Allie Hanson
Okay: Planning for a party is not easy, we know. We’ve all been there and we all know how stressful (and expensive) it can be.
The one thing that any good host knows is that it’s not a party unless there are favors for the guests!
When you have a limited budget, the party favors are usually put on the back burner. You want to be a good host but you don’t think you can afford buying fancy favors. We definitely know how that feels! Thankfully, it’s become trendier to make party favors yourself rather than to buy them. You can now give your guests a personal touch without hurting your wallet. Yay!
The next decision is: what to make? You could make scarves, but let’s be brutally honest, no one really wants a scarf. You could make cookies, but where’s the personal touch?
There is only one right answer here: Body scrub! Even better, Coffee body scrub! How can you not love that?
Since you ditched the idea of scarves and cookies (I knew you would), let’s mix up some magic. Here’s how it goes.
Homemade Coffee Body Scrub
1 ½ cups warm, used coffee grounds
½ cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons olive oil
- Experiment with your favorite coffees to find a particularly decadent aroma to feature in your at-home spa concoction. I personally prefer using a dark roast, something like Green Mountain Coffee® Dark Magic® Extra Bold Coffee.
- Carefully empty coffee grounds out of the used K-Cup® packs and into a measuring cup until you have 1 ½ cups. Pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Next, add sugar to the coffee grounds and stir until mixed. The granular crystals in sugar help to exfoliate and smooth out skin by sloughing off the dead stuff.
- Add the olive oil.
- Mix all your ingredients together for 1-minute making sure all parts are blended equally.
- Divide scrub into jars for the favors immediately, or place entire mixture into an airtight container until you’re ready to divide.
Wow! You did a fabulous job. Now all you do is personalize each jar; we went with ribbon. Don’t forget to save a little (or a lot) for yourself; you deserve to be a little pampered.