By Dana Routhier
Snow has officially arrived here in New England and the temperatures are dropping. For us, this means it’s the perfect time to make a list of winter fun to be had!
1. When the snow starts to fall — and fall, and fall, and fall — I’ve found the best thing to do is get outside and embrace it. So herd the troops and throw the snowshoes into the car, toss a thermos of Green Mountain Coffee® Gingerbread Coffee or Green Mountain Naturals® Caramel Apple Cider in your backpack, and warm everyone up from the inside out.
2. After the holidays have come and gone, winter can seem like an endless stretch of cold, dark days. Joining a book club is a great way to get out and have something to look forward to. Good company, good eats, and an imaginative escape to a hopefully warmer locale…
3. Don’t knock this one ’til you try it: wake up early in the morning, before anyone else begins to stir, and brew yourself a strong mug of Tully’s® French Roast. Sip, meditate on the silence of the snow falling, and wake up to the world at your own pace.
4. I don’t know about your family, but mine can get a bit stir-crazy when it’s too cold or too dark to get outside and run off some energy. Family movie night with blankets, pillows, and popcorn has more than once saved the day. (All-out pillow fight optional.)
5. Over the river and through the woods: a meandering weekend drive to our favorite hole-in-the-wall brunch spot is a perennial on my winter bucket list. I look forward to driving the twisty back roads with a wintry soundtrack playing. And if the kids are getting antsy, come prepared with travel mugs of Cafe Escapes® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa and a peppermint stick.
Bundle up, stay warm, enjoy family and friends, and let’s embrace Winter, everyone!