April Fool’s Day was a thrill growing up. Simultaneously on guard and hyped up about the next surprise, I’m a little shocked more of us escaped that day unscathed than not. Of course, looking back, it was a lot more fun to watch a “gotcha” than to be got. No wonder my teachers had a deeply etched look of dread on their faces when March 31st hit: nothing good was to come from the next day’s activities. But, boy, some of those gotchas were just great.
Being kids at heart, our team decided to walk down memory lane to share some of the best tricks we played growing up. Fair warning: do not try this at home, kids.
- Putting honey in the shampoo bottle
- Switching salt for sugar, and sugar for salt
- Greasing the bedroom doorknob
- Setting your parent’s alarm for 2 AM
- Stuff paper towels into the toes of your family’s shoes
- Hide one sock of every pair in your sister’s dresser
- Glue a quarter to the ground in a busy place
- Switch your dad’s Dark Magic® coffee for French Vanilla – and then run!
Happy April Fool’s Day, everyone!