While I’m no glue gun goddess, I’ve been known to enjoy a good crafting session. With Easter just around the corner, I have my DIY Easter list narrowed down to one project: K-Cup® pack Easter Baskets! This little beauty came from Karen on our Sustainability team. Cute and bunny-sized, how could I not give it a try? Here’s how to do it:
1. Brew your favorite Keurig Brewed® coffee – perhaps Green Mountain Coffee® Island Coconut® to welcome in spring? Sip, savor, and enjoy that cup! (And let the brewed K-Cup® pack cool down a touch.)
2. Once cooled, carefully remove the foil lid, filter, and coffee grounds. Your soon-to-be planted garden will appreciate a little coffee ground compost.
3. Gently wash out and towel-dry the empty K-Cup® pack.*
4. Poke two small holes on each side of the K-Cup® pack below the lip and thread each end of your pipe cleaner through to create a handle.
5. Fill with Eater grass and your favorite candies. Jelly beans and candy coated chocolate eggs are our favorites.
6. Delight your family with this bunny-sized treat on Easter morning!
*Psst – If you want to add more color, grab some paint, glue, rhinestones, – you name it – , and decorate the pack before putting in the pipe cleaner handle.