Have you ever had dessert waffles? The concept was a surprise to me when I first moved to England. There, waffles aren’t a breakfast food at all. They’re 100% dessert food!
It didn’t take me long to embrace the concept, and I think you should too. Especially when we’re talking about waffles made with delicious Green Mountain Coffee® Caramel Vanilla Cream.
Light, sweet, with hints of buttery caramel and smooth vanilla, both the coffee and these waffles are a crowd pleaser. These Caramel Vanilla Cream Coffee Waffles stayed light, even though I used a whole grain baking mix in the recipe. I was pleasantly surprised. You might be looking at me with an eyebrow raised, but who says dessert can’t be whole grain too?
Fire up your waffle maker, grab some vanilla ice cream and the best maple syrup (Another great Vermont export!) you can get your hands on. You’ll have a simple dessert whipped up before your family even knows you left the table.
Caramel Vanilla Cream Coffee Waffles
makes 4 waffles
- 2 cups Bisquick Complete or similar waffle/pancake mix
- Pinch of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup Green Mountain Coffee® Caramel Vanilla Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (roughly, see directions)
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream for topping
- Maple Syrup, for topping
- Heat waffle iron. While the iron is warming up, mix the batter:
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine waffle mix, salt, and nutmeg. Whisk together until nutmeg and salt are evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, brew one 6 oz. (3/4 cup) Caramel Vanilla Cream Coffee K-Cup® pack.
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla extract to the measuring cup, then add heavy cream until the measurement on the cup reaches 1 1/3.
- Pour the coffee-cream mixture into the dry ingredients. Add two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Whisk all ingredients together until you have a thick batter.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour roughly 1/3 cup of batter into each well of the waffle iron. Allow to cook until golden brown and the waffle comes away cleanly from the iron.
- Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream and maple syrup. Serve immediately.
Care to try Caramel Vanilla Cream yourself? Hop on over to my blog, Bluebonnets & Brownies, for a chance to win some!
Don’t forget that Fair Trade Island Coconut Coffee is available for a limited time, and you can make this gorgeous coffee cake recipe with it too!