What better way to cool off during those last few heated weeks of the summer than with the quintessential treat of summer: the ice pop. I love everything about it—from that first chilly bite to the sticky fingers afterwards. It just wouldn’t be summer without ‘em.
We’ve come up with some tasty ice pop variations with fresh fruit and Snapple® Lemon K-Cup® pods to keep your summer cool
They’re the perfect backyard BBQ treat or lazy-day poolside companion. The best part: they’re so easy to make. Don’t you wish our summers were as timeless as the ice pop?
Blueberry Lemonade Ice Pops
½ cup fresh blueberries
3 Snapple® Lemon K-Cup® pods brewed at 6 oz.
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ tablespoon lemon zest
3-4 large strawberries
- Brew each Snapple® Lemon K-Cup® pod into a mug. Afterwards, pour all together into a medium mixing bowl. Set bowl aside.
- Cut strawberries into thin slices horizontally. Usually, it’s best to aim for 4 slices per ice pop.
- Add the lemon zest to brewed lemon iced tea and squeeze in fresh lemon juice.
- Pour the lemon mixture into ice pop molds and add the strawberry slices and blueberries evenly to your liking. It should make about 4-6 servings.
- Freeze your ice pops at least 8 hours—overnight works too!
- Serve and enjoy!
Other Tasty Variations:
Instead of using strawberries, mangoes and kiwi are also some delicious substitutes. In order to stick to the same serving size, two kiwis and one mango would be all you needed. Can’t stand the heat for much longer? Our iced beverage page will help cool you down while you wait for your pops to freeze, as you can now brew all your favorite Keurig® beverages over ice!