Barista Beef Stew
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 Barista Prima Italian Roast K-Cup® or Vue® pack, brewed at 8-oz. setting
- 1 14-oz. can beef broth
- 12-oz. whole button or cremini mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
Heat large Dutch oven and add 1 Tablespoon oil. Cook beef in two batches, browning on all sides. Transfer to bowl or plate. Add remaining oil to Dutch oven along with onions, garlic, and thyme.
Cook, stirring, 5-minutes or until softened. Add wine, coffee and broth, scrapping up brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Transfer the beef and accumulated juices back to the Dutch oven and add mushrooms and bay leaf. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1-hour.
Add carrots and simmer, covered, 30-minutes or until beef is tender. Stir in peas and parsley and cook for 5-minutes or until cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.